Faith in Action
Published June 18, 2012 12:59
The Sisters of Saint Joseph of Rochester are proud to recognize Sister Beverly Baker, Sister Anne De Porres and the SSJ Motherhouse Health Care staff. THE GRCC Faith in Action Network recently honored the sisters and the employees for putting their faith in action at its 21st Annual Faith in Action dinner on June 5, 2012. At the dinner the faith community of Greater Rochester gathers to recognize and thank the many people who put their faith into action daily, doing God’s good work with joyful hearts. The awards dinner recognized more than 40 people.
The Brockport Ecumenical Outreach Committee nominated Sister Beverly Baker for her “joyful, loving, service of children, women and men.” For the last three decades Sister Beverly has directed an educational program in Brockport, New York which serves migrant children and their families.
Church of the Assumption in Fairport, New York nominated Sister Ann De Porres for her spiritual direction work with the parish’s prayer ministry. “Her love for the priests and people of Assumption has encouraged many people including shut ins to engage in the minstiry of prayer so that prayer supports all of our ministries.”
The Sisters of Saint Joseph nominated its Motherhouse Health Care staff for their “Faith in Action” through service to our retired Sisters and priests. “With excellence, expertise, and caring they tend to each resident with their encouraging words, compassionate and gently presence. While they originate from different countries, religions and cultures, they unite with our mission of caring lovingly for the
dear neighbor in our very midst.”
The Faith in Action Network gathers people from diverse communities to build relationships and support initiatives based on spiritual and community values that advocate, model and celebrated basic human rights.
- SSJ Justice and Peace Efforts Recognized
- Artists Soul Art Show ~ April 12-22, 2013
- Dawn of a New Daystar
- SSJs of Rochester Welcome New Pope
- GEVA PERFORMANCE RAISES OVER $13,000 FOR “SISTERS' RETIREMENT FUND”
- Celebrating Catholic Schools Week
- Bishop Malone of Buffalo appoints new superintendent of Catholic Schools Sister Carol Cimino, SSJ, Ed.D., assumes role on June 1
- $1 Million Grant to Expand Health Care Services for the Uninsured in Rochester via St. Joseph’s Neighborhood Center
- Geva Theatre Extends Run of "Sisters Christmas Catechism"
- November 17, 2012 ~SSJ Christmas Sale
- December 12, 2012 ~ Help SSJS Roc the Day
- Mass of Remembrance
- Celebrating a Partnership
- SSJ Statement Regarding Bishop Clark's Resignation
- Nuns on the Bus Coming to Rochester!
- Sisters Welcome Local College Students for Day of Service
- Bright Futures Abound!
- A Summer of Prayer ~ An Invite to Young Adults
- Faith in Action
- Top Honors for SSJ Volunteer Corps