Celebrating Catholic Schools Week
Published February 04, 2013 11:21
The Aquinas Institute and Nazareth Elementary School—Rochester’s only Pre-K to grade 12 Catholic school system celebrated Catholic Schools Week with a Mass on Thursday, January 31st at The Aquinas Institute.
During the Mass, Nazareth and Aquinas students came together to take ministry roles in the liturgy as well as lead musical performances. Students also briefly shared on the topic "Why I like my school." The Mass, organized under the direction of Sister Anita Kurowski (Nazareth Elementary Music Director), Jeff Wilson (Aquinas Music Director) and Mary Bills (Aquinas Campus Minister) was an uplifting and a faith filled example of the Aquinas-Nazareth school system at its collaborative best.
As Catholic schools throughout the Diocese have closed in recent years, Nazareth and Aquinas, both independently owned and operated, have remained committed to the importance of faith-based education. In 2010, Nazareth and Aquinas formed a partnership to become the area’s only Pre-K to grade 12 Catholic school system, providing a seamless educational experience in the Catholic tradition for children aged 3 – 18.
Together, we pledge to prepare students to take their place in society, nurturing their academic, social and spiritual growth, instilling a deep love of learning, an enduring respect for all of God’s creation, and a desire to share their knowledge and talents in service to the wider community.
For more information about The Aquinas Institute grades 7-12 go to: www.theaquinasinstitute.com or contact Joby Knapp: 254-2020 x1014, firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information about Nazareth elementary grades preK-6 go to www.nazarethschools.org or contact Christy Post: 458-3786 x3113, email@example.com.
- SSJ Justice and Peace Efforts Recognized
- Artists Soul Art Show ~ April 12-22, 2013
- Dawn of a New Daystar
- SSJs of Rochester Welcome New Pope
- GEVA PERFORMANCE RAISES OVER $13,000 FOR “SISTERS' RETIREMENT FUND”
- Celebrating Catholic Schools Week
- Bishop Malone of Buffalo appoints new superintendent of Catholic Schools Sister Carol Cimino, SSJ, Ed.D., assumes role on June 1
- $1 Million Grant to Expand Health Care Services for the Uninsured in Rochester via St. Joseph’s Neighborhood Center
- Geva Theatre Extends Run of "Sisters Christmas Catechism"
- November 17, 2012 ~SSJ Christmas Sale
- December 12, 2012 ~ Help SSJS Roc the Day
- Mass of Remembrance
- Celebrating a Partnership
- SSJ Statement Regarding Bishop Clark's Resignation
- Nuns on the Bus Coming to Rochester!
- Sisters Welcome Local College Students for Day of Service
- Bright Futures Abound!
- A Summer of Prayer ~ An Invite to Young Adults
- Faith in Action
- Top Honors for SSJ Volunteer Corps